Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rest In Peace, You Wascally Rabbit.


Photobucket


After almost eight years, my bunny died today.

 I know that the death of a childhood pet is part of growing up for most people. I just didn't expect to be this upset. 

When we first got him he was about as awkward as I was, a scared little ball of fluff in the back of the cage. For the first few weeks, I'd sit down in the basement and do my homework on the floor with the cage open until he felt comfortable enough to approach anyone. 

After countless fights with my parents, breaking up with my boyfriend and getting rejected from my top choice university, I cried into his fur while he licked my face and tried to eat my hair. 

And during insomnia filled breaks from college, I'd lay on the couch while he snored in the corner.

He'd be acting a little weird lately and while I knew he was certainly getting old, I was optimistic it was just a stage. Then tonight while hopping around the basement, he laid down. As I was getting up to pet him, he started having a seizure and died while I was petting him and yelling for my parents. 

Rest in Peace Bugsy. I hope bunny heaven is full of bananas and cheerios. 



Photobucket


2009, so far you've been nothing but bad news.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, I'm so sorry for your loss. God, I've lost so many beloved pets over the years, and it never gets any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looked like a cutie! My cat Mango probably won't last much longer. Both her back legs don't work any more, so she has to pull herself around... It's kinda funny, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for you loss. I know that pets become our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he's really cute, and obviously memorable and loved..im really sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete