Sunday, February 15, 2009

Academics and Other Regrettable Endeavors

So it's time for me to perform an academic audit since I'm an upcoming senior (oh christ....)

As a government major, I have to take two quantitative courses, which translates roughly to 'bane of my existence requirements.' I'm not good at math or science, which is exactly why I'm a government major. I don't deal well in absolutes. 

So I thought I was done with this terrible requirement UNTIL the audit occurred. Apparently for all major requirements, you have to have a C or better. In one of the classes (which ruined my life last fall), I got a C-. Now it might not even count for anything.

Fuck my life.

What I don't get is why the plus / minus system even counts for anything here. They doesn't change our GPA at all unless grad schools recalculate them.  That's going to be my argument when I meet with an advisor. 

Then again, it's possible this will all be a non-issue. I discovered this late Friday night, so I've had all weekend to dwell.

In other news, I survived Valentines weekend mostly in tact. The only real problems are the fact that I've lost my voice and probably overworked my liver. No biggie.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, don't worry about it. College is more about who you made contacts with than anything else, so as long as you did that you're ahead in the game.

    Good job surviving V-Day. Not many people do.

    ReplyDelete