Thursday, February 12, 2009

Southern Hospitality

One of my favorite things about my current politico-job (okay, internship) is  that there's a real speaking tradition. People in the elevator are are wishing you good day and everyone you make eye contact with asks how you are, regardless of gaps in job titles.

It's very reminiscent of all the southern schools I wish I had applied to when DC hits mid-January.

So today, upon passing a Senator I frequently deal with in the hall, I nodded and smiled.

The (gentle)man with him, a lobbyist I think, winked at me.

Dear Sir:

While I may look young for my age, I am still old enough for this to fall strictly in the realm of 'creepy' and far from the realm of 'cute'.

Good day,

Your Friendly Local Intern

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to be that guy. That is assuming I don't kill myself before I hit 60.

    ReplyDelete